Monday, September 9, 2013

SHOULD I EAT BEFORE OR AFTER MY WORKOUT?

I just wanna write about a quick topic that I feel like a lot of people don't even consider or contemplate on everyday. A lot of people don't get that you need to eat. You can't gain muscle without food and you can't look good without eating the right foods, but aside from the diet, when and what should you eat to maximize your workouts? The straight up answer is both before and after. Before you workout you need energy of course. All foods have energy but some have more efficient energy and some have long term energy. You need to eat short term energy foods before your workout which include, bananas, nuts, anything low it fat but high in carbs, fruit, even cereal works too cuz of the high carbs. Carbs will give you immediate energy unlike fat. Today, I ate at a chinese restaurant unexpectedly with my friends after class but my workout session was planned for right after class. Chinese food, typically having high fat, pretty much killed my workout. I had a food coma and slow energy. After your workout it's beneficial to eat foods high in protein, low in fat and anything with essential vitamins and minerals like fruits and veggies. The post workout period is one of the best times to absorb all of the nutrients you want so thats why a lot of people tell you to drink your whey protein immediately after your workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment