Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Muscle Growth vs. Fat Loss

Hey guys,

So many of you know that it's extremely difficult to gain muscle mass while losing weight at the same time. Pretty much, you can't do both at the same time. Right now my body fat % is pretty high so I think I'm going to aim for a lower body fat over anything else. Muscle gains will have to wait, but in the mean time I'll attempt to maintain my strength, sacrifice some mass and get lean. There are several ways to do this but this is my plan:

Diet:
Calorie Intake: 1700 ( this will vary on your BMR)
Protein Intake: 200 g ( primarily from powders and chicken breast)
Only water for drinks (6 glasses/day)
Carb Intake: Carb cycling every 2 days (exact carb intake is gonna be just estimated)
Try to eat 3 or more meals/day

Workouts:
Workouts will probably have to drop in weight because I have no carb to fuel me throughout the workout.

Cardio:
Cardio has to increase
Cardio will be 3-4 times per week (every other day)
HIIT= high intensity interval training (I'll explain my specific workouts when I do them)

So that's pretty much how I'll get started. Exams are out of the way so I'll have more time to relax and go carbless. I'll try to update every other day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment